Tuesday, January 1, 2013

52 for 2013

Happy New Year! Typically at the start of the new Year, people make resolutions. Of course we all know a majority of those get broken by... oh the first week. So I've decided to borrow an idea from a friend and make a list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2013. More of a bucket list than a resolution list. Here we go...


1. Order my books for the spring semester
2. Stay on top of my studies, maybe even ahead
3. Check at least my fasting glucose levels daily
4. Exercise at least three days per week
5. Stop worrying about the scale. Worry about how I feel.
6. Set up study times like office hours and stick to them
7. Blog at least 2-3 times per week. This blog and my book review blog.
8. Plan this year's vegetable garden
9. Plant said veggies
10. Tend to the garden
11. Can as much as possible from the garden
12. Finish my résumé
13. Submit résumé
14. Sort through kid clothes to prepare for garage sale
15. Actually have a garage sale
16. Keep calendar updated
17. Declutter
18. Add unwanted clutter to garage sale
19. Have garage sale (yes, I need to have that twice as a reminder)
20. Play with my children every day. Even busy days.
21. Read with my children. Even if we're reading our own thing. Make DEAR time - drop everything and read
22. Make dinner on weekdays when I'm home
23. Make more crockpot meals
24. Make a menu
25. Plan when to eat out. Not because we didn't plan something for dinner
26. One night a week devoted to family, not homework
27. Time with just hubby every week
28. Family vacation
29. Family walks
30. Walk to the farmer's market weekly during the summer, even if not buying
31. Walk to grocery store if list is small
32. Use cloth bags for groceries on a more regular basis
33. Make sure to revisit this list weekly
34. Bookmark this page on desktop to make 33 easier
35. Figure out Windows 8
36. Transfer needed files from old laptop to new
37. Pray daily
38. Meditate
39. Listen for that still small voice
40. Take time for me
41. Don't feel guilty for #40
42. Figure out my own answer to life, the universe, and everything
43. Embrace turning 43 this year
44. Learn to say no
45. Say yes to things that are meaningful to me
46. Start riding my bike
47. Stick with my educational goals
48. Take the time to spend with each child one-on-one
49. Tell my children daily that I love them
50. Email my parents and siblings more often
51. Eat dinner at the dining room table
52. Love life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment