Thursday, June 2, 2011

Last day? First day?

Today is the last day of school for my younger four children.  My oldest has been out for two weeks.  (Seniors get done a week before the scheduled last day of school, but due to snow days that became two weeks.)  The last day...  Endings sound so final, like there's nothing more.  It sounds sad.  The end of this phase of their lives.  Enough to make an emotional mom cry. 

However tomorrow is the first day.  The first day of summer vacation.  The first day for us to set the schedule.  Unfortunately we can't sleep in since we still have to pick up report cards, but we get to enjoy a slower pace.  Of course there's also our traditional breakfast after getting report cards.  After that, the time and schedule of the next two and a half months are basically ours. 

I have a few things in mind that I'd like to accomplish over the summer.  As always, I have projects in mind that I'm hoping to accomplish that may or may not happen.  I'm also planning to make many trips to the public library and keep up on their academics. 

For myself, I'm hoping planning I WILL take advantage of more free time (no substitute teaching in the summer) and exercise.  My weight has kept steady, but I'd like to lose just a few pounds.  I also need to get my glucose levels under control.  My fasting has been in the 120s and 130s, which is higher than I'd like.  My goal has always been non-diabetic numbers, so I want that fasting under 100. 

What are your plans for the summer?  Any goals you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment