Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A new month, a new challenge

Last month I thought I'd try my hand at NaBloPoMo and post on my blog every day during the month of November.  However since I didn't find out about it until November 2nd or 3rd and I hadn't posted on November 1st, I technically didn't "win" from the beginning, but I still had fun.

This month NaBloPoMo is suggesting a theme!  The theme for December is MITZVAH and it comes with a challenge: to give something, to someone, every day of the month, and then blog about it.  I'll probably have my usual ramblings, but then I'll also list my mitzvah of the day.

I think I'll make sure to have a daily mitzvah, or good deed, directed at myself as well.  Taking care of my diabetes and overall health is probably one of the best things I could do right now.  Not just for myself, but also my family.  I've been too laid back with my health recently, not exercising every day and not always making the best choices in my eating habits.  These things I will probably talk about, but they won't be listed as part of my daily challenge.

Mitzvah of the day: Watching a friend's daughter while she went to an out of town meeting.  My youngest had a blast having a friend over to play with today.  They get along great and we all had a lot of fun.  Although I know it helped the mom out, it was nice for me to have someone else entertain dd5.  I was able to get a good amount of housework done, which the older ones messed some of it up when they got home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment